‘Twas the night before Christmas, and we looked for a house…
Festive house-hunting sees 20% increase in people looking for a home
New data from Rightmove reveals a 20% increase in people looking for their dream home between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day compared with 2012.
On Christmas Day there were nearly 14 million page views and over 10,000 people took time out from the festivities to send emails to agents.
On Boxing Day it got even busier, with page views jumping to over 25 million, up 21% on 2012. Views peaked on New Year’s Day, at over 38 million page views.
Those who unwrapped new smartphones or tablets at Christmas were eager to house hunt too – there were over 26,000 downloads of the Rightmove app across the various platforms between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.
To read more about what Rightmove have to say please click here
Home-owner confidence sets the scene for higher prices in 2016
- Smallest drop since 2011 in new seller asking prices (-1.3%) during seasonal November slowdown, indicative of even higher prices next year
- Rightmove research reveals home-owners’ confident property outlook for 2016:
– 85% of home-owners expect their financial situation to get better (41%) or stay the same (44%) over the next year, unfazed by the risk of higher interest rates
– Seven in ten home-owners think house prices will be more expensive in the next 12 months, despite an average increase of 6.2% (+&16,969) in the past year
- Bank of England policy not to use interest rates as a tool to control the housing market plus their forecasts of real wage growth and low base rates suggests those buying in 2016 will be paying a higher price
- Bargain-hunting buyers advised to stay active in December and potential new year sellers should come to market early to take advantage of the surge of Christmas and Boxing Day window shopping for homes
We have an extensive number of qualified buyers still eager to find their dream home, could your home be what they have been searching for?
For a free valuation please call
01372 745 850 or click here to drop us an email.
We look forward to hearing from you.